[Qt-creator] Clang Model plugin interface

Antonio Di Monaco tony at becrux.com
Fri Dec 15 17:11:04 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm writing a Qt Creator plugin to support our own custom build process.

My issue is that I cannot find a way to interact with the Clang Code Model plugin, in order to pass to it specific compile options (in my case, it's --gcc-toolchain).

In detail, my plugin automates the kit creation, in order to find out the custom compiler, debugger, and all other stuff we need to build, including our build tool. I'm populating the CppTools::RawProjectsParts data structure according
to the specific toolchain that has been selected by the user (that could be a Clang, GCC or MSVC compiler), and everything works fine, as long as I work with the built-in C++ Code Model.

When I activate the Clang Code Model and GCC profile is activated, as the same CppTools::RawProjectsParts data is accessed (is it true or did I miss something?), I encounter a failure, cause if I add the "--gcc-toolchain" parameter, Clang model works, but the built-in fails. And if not, of course the opposite happens, and I'd like to have both running.

I'd like just to interact with the Clang Code Model at "run-time" and, behind the scene, add my mandatory options to it, without asking the user for a UI settings change (also cause the path passed to the "gcc-toolchain" parameter changes according to the profile selected by the user).

My question is: is there an interface, or anything similar, that I can use in order to add such parameters to clang model only? I could also change the Qt Creator code, but I'd like to go for the clean way, if there's any.

Thanks for your help!
A.