[Qt-creator] Gerrit improvements?

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Mon Feb 20 17:38:38 CET 2017

On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 17:03 +0100, Jason H wrote:
> Recently, I was requested to interact on Gerrit, and I checked out the gerrit
> config on creator.I was happy that there was a gerrit section but there seemed
> to be quite a difference between that and the gerrit setup instructions  at ht
> tps://wiki.qt.io/Setting_up_Gerrit were quite complicated. It would be nice if
> the existing gerrit support could be amended to perform these actions for me?

Yes, I agree.

> Compared to the "examples" experience (which is quite awesome - super user
> friendly) I think this section could use a little love.

I worked on a wizard to get a contribution-ready Qt/Qt Creator a while ago. I
could not automate most of the server-side configuration issues, so I never
commited that though.

The Qt Account was just getting introduced back then, so the whole registration
process was in flux, too. Maybe I could try again now that the web-side of
things apparently has stabilized. But even today we do not really have one place
where a user can set up all the required information to work with JIRA, Gerrit
and all the other Qt sites AFAIK. Having that would simplify that task a lot.

Creator could definitely help with e.g. generating SSH keys.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B