[Qt-creator] CMake-Server (3.7.2) + QtCreator 4.3 Beta 1 Slowness (macOS)

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:08:38 CET 2017

I have been using the nightlies for the last month (when available) and
I have noticed a significant slowdown when using a CMake 3.7.x based
project. Slow to the point where on macOS I am getting constant spinning
beach balls when I try to open the project, navigate the code using
"jump to symbol" or "Command-K" to look something up. The lookup is fast
but actually opening the file causes a spinning beach ball. Code
completion takes far longer than normal when the file is first opened. I
am trying to get a spin dump to help narrow it down but just wanted to
let the devs know what I am seeing.

Our project has about 2,300 compiled files plus as many header files.

Thanks

--
Mike Jackson
BlueQuartz Software, LLC