[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.3.Beta1 + CMake 3.7.2 Header files of Project not found?

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:21:14 CET 2017

Tobias Hunger wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-02-21 at 08:23 -0500, Mike Jackson wrote:
>> Using the latest nightly from QtCreator 4.3.Beta1(866) there seems
>> to be a problem with include paths for header files? Screenshot
>> attached. All of our headers are listed as sources for each of
>> their respective projects. This works very well with QtCreator
>> 4.2.x.
>
> Headers explicitly listed as source files in CMake do get detected
> for me just like they are in tea leaf reading mode (CMake without
> server-mode).

None of mine do. So this is odd. See attached screen shot. I double
checked the cmake code and they are all added to the project source list
which feeds into the add_library() cmake call. The project is at
http://github.com/bluequartzsoftware/SIMPL

>> This is also leading to the code completion not working with our
>> header files because the include paths can not be found.
>
> What include paths do you set in CMake? Do you
> "set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR ON)" in your CMakeLists.txt files?

Actually, things like "#include <QtCore/QObject>" are not found. See
attached screenshot.

There are also multiple <Source Directory> and <Build Directory> added
to the project. And just to verify these are related to the CMake
-server I changed the version of CMake to 3.5.1 and these issues went
away, which you probably already knew, but worth the verification.

>> Just giving some feedback on what we are seeing with the latest
>> builds. This is on macOS 10.10.5 with Xcode 7.2.1 tooling.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, it is very much appreciated!
>
> Best Regards, Tobias

Thanks, Mike Jackson