[Qt-creator] My small wish-list

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Fri Feb 24 06:52:32 CET 2017

Hi there,

I wanted to share my small wish-list, i think it's nothing big:

* From the context menu on a 'Q_PROPERTY' macro, entry 'Generate
missing Q_PROPERTY members...'
 - use emit (memberValue) instead of emit (parameterValue):
   sometimes the member value will be different from the parameter
value, it is then easy to forget to replace the generated 'emit
(parameterValue);' with 'emit (memberValue);', for the case where the
code stays as-is, emit (memberValue) is synonym for emit
(parameterValue):, so no regression here
 - if type is qreal, double, float, use 'qFuzzyCompare()' instead of '=='
 - very minor: the sub-menu entry ends with '...' which traditionally
means that a pop-up dialog will show up, which is not the case.

>From the context menu on a the name of a class declaration:
 - It would be nice to add an entry 'Generate all missing Q_PROPERTY
members', which as you bet is the same as above but applied to all
Q_PROPERTY.

* Finally, when creating a new class, which is is derived from
QObject, it could be nice to insert an extra (optional) wizard page
that allows to easily define all the properties we want the class to
have.

What do you guys think of this?

Chris