[Qt-creator] Fixing Coverity issues

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Sat Jul 8 09:07:35 CEST 2017

Hi,

I started fixing coverity issues in modeling lib. I ran into a well-
known problem: I use switch statements where Coverity complaints about
some cases that are "Logically dead code" (case will never be entered).
If I remove the case gcc complaints about missing cases in switch
statements (because gcc is not good enough in analyzing dead code).

In my company we usually handle these cases in Coverity triaging it as
"Intentional". Shall I do the same here? Is Coverity configured in a
way that every branch reuses the triages automatically (in my company
one has to triage the issue again for every release branch)? Or does
anyone has an idea how to "fix" this issue for both gcc and Coverity?

Regards, Jochen