[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 4.3.0, Qt 5.9.0: problems with cmake support

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Thu Jun 1 17:09:43 CEST 2017

> 1. Build a project mit cmake and Qt 5.8.0 (msvc2013-64) works, but I cannot debug qml (Enable QML in Debugger Settings is checked, but Application Output says:

The "Enable QML in Debugger Settings will just start the debugger in Creator and try to attach to the debugging port of your application.

You will need to build the support for debugging into the application for that to work though. I am no QML expert, but apparently all you need to do is to define QT_QML_DEBUG before including QtQuick. Adding that to the relevant CMake targets should work fine.

Please make sure to disable QML debugging support when creating release binaries that you want to ship.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der