[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 4.3.0, Qt 5.9.0: problems with cmake support

Helmut Mülner helmut.muelner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 18:19:28 CEST 2017

Running "C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe -E server "--pipe=\\.\pipe\{cdb7ec38-096b-4a3d-9b84-fc91923889d4}" --experimental" in C:\Users\mue\AppData\Local\Temp\QtCreator-P1XkOA\qtc-cmake-XXF8mA7w.

The C compiler identification is unknown The CXX compiler identification is unknown CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (project):

  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

For this you need to delete / rename your Qt Creator compiler / kit configuration xml files.

On Linux they are found under ~/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/, on Windows probably under %appdata% ...

On Windows these files are under %appdata%\QtProject\QtCreator

I rename toolchains.xml, also removed all build-directories in my project folder – to no avail.

I also rename CMakeLists.txt.user in the project folder, leading to a crash of qtcreator at the next start, but working again at the following start.

I still cannot build with Qt 5.9.0 msvc2017-64.

The Kits Manager show a warning : Cmake configuration has no path to a C[++] compiler set,  even though the kit has a valid toolchain. I select “Microsoft Visual C++ Compilter 15.0 (amd64)” in the compiler comboboxes, and this is shown in the kit tooltip, but the problem persists.

Cheers,

Helmut.