[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 4.3.0, Qt 5.9.0: problems with cmake support

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 20:04:37 CEST 2017

Hi Helmut,

On Jun 1, 2017 18:19, "Helmut Mülner" <helmut.muelner at gmail.com> wrote:

Running "C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe -E server
"--pipe=\\.\pipe\{cdb7ec38-096b-4a3d-9b84-fc91923889d4}" --experimental" in
C:\Users\mue\AppData\Local\Temp\QtCreator-P1XkOA\qtc-cmake-XXF8mA7w.

The C compiler identification is unknown The CXX compiler identification is
unknown CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (project):

  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

Does your project contain files that need to be built with a c compiler?
You might want to tell cmake not to bother checking for one if not:-)
PROJECT has a way to do that.

For this you need to delete / rename your Qt Creator compiler / kit
configuration xml files.

On Linux they are found under ~/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/, on Windows
probably under %appdata% ...

On Windows these files are under %appdata%\QtProject\QtCreator

I rename toolchains.xml, also removed all build-directories in my project
folder – to no avail.

I also rename CMakeLists.txt.user in the project folder, leading to a crash
of qtcreator at the next start, but working again at the following start.

The stuff is in profiles.xml. Do not bother to delete that, just fix it!

I still cannot build with Qt 5.9.0 msvc2017-64.

The Kits Manager show a warning : Cmake configuration has no path to a
C[++] compiler set,  even though the kit has a valid toolchain. I select
“Microsoft Visual C++ Compilter 15.0 (amd64)” in the compiler comboboxes,
and this is shown in the kit tooltip, but the problem persists.

Tools>Options>Build & Run>Kits, click the kits, change the cmake
configuration. That is where the c comoiler/c++ compilers are defined. If
you did not change those before, it should be enough to reset those to
default values.

Best Regards,
Tobias

PS: Did you upgrade Creator or is this mess with blank settings? It should
leave the cmake configuration of the kits alone (I can't be sure the user
has not explicitly set those!), but the compilers should have worked:-) So
sorry for the mess.