[Qt-creator] QtC 4.3 on macOS 10.12.5

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at qt.io
Tue Jun 27 08:40:12 CEST 2017

On 06/26/2017 09:34 PM, Andy wrote:
> I had to get one of those "new" Macs with the touch bar thingy as an
> emergency replacement for an older Pro.
>
> I just fired up a project to work on it with Creator 4.3 and have run
> into a couple of problems that seem to be related to the code model.
>
> 1) F4 isn't switching properly between header and source (though F2 to
> Follow Symbol works)
> 2) "Find Usages" doesn't find them all - only in the source & header,
> not the rest of the project
>
> I have "Clang Code Model" active in the plugins but it doesn't seem to
> make a difference if it's on or not.
>
> This project is over a decade old, so I don't think it's anything I've
> done to it...
>
> Any suggestions? It makes it almost unusable for me because I use those
> two features heavily. Is there some other setting I'm missing somewhere?
>
> Thanks!

Which type of project is this? Does it work with a mini project of the
same type?

So your operating system changed. I'm wondering if this could be related
to the file system (settings).

Was your project indexed? When opening the project, you should see a
"Parsing C/C++ Files" progress bar (might be collapsed) on the bottom
right. You could also check the indexed files: Menu:Tools>C++>"Inspect
C++ Code Model..." - in the "Snapshot and Documents" tab, choose
"Global/Indexing Snapshot" and check whether the typical files you are
working with are there.

If that looks good, please create a report at https://bugreports.qt.io/
with a minimal project to reproduce.

Nikolai