[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.3 Beta and CMake 3.7.x Server Mode Slowness

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:40:22 CET 2017

I have been testing the nightly builds of 4.3 and the main issue that I
am running into for our project is that most everything is very slow.
 From loading the CMake based project, to "command-K" to
code-completion. The slowness is somehow attributed to using CMake 3.7.x
and its server mode. If I load my project using CMake 3.6 then the
everything returns be being fast again.

My point is NOT to complain since I understand these features are
experimental and still being developed. If by the the final release the
slowness is still there, is there going to be a way to turn OFF the
CMake server mode link if I am using CMake 3.7? We are starting to
depend on a few of the CMake 3.7 features but then that causes QtCreator
to just drag down in speed to the point where it becomes somewhat unusable.

Thanks and keep up the great work with the CMake integration. It has
come so far and I really enjoy working with QtCreator.

--
Michael A. Jackson                 400 S. Pioneer Blvd
Owner, President                   Springboro, Ohio 45066
BlueQuartz Software, LLC           EMail: mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Voice: 937-790-1601                Web: http://www.bluequartz.net
Fax: 937-746-0783