[Qt-creator] Disabling auto-reload of qbs files

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 03:28:05 CET 2017

On 22/11/2017 10:57 PM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:27:11 +1300 Christian Gagneraud
> <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When i work with QtC and qbs, and i need to tweak my qbs files,
>> Qtc auto-reload my project each time I save a qbs file, which in my
>> case means ca. 1 minute of un-usability.
>
> First of all, that seems too long. Can you please file a task and
> assign it to me? I'll provide you with instructions on how to see
> where the time is spent. (Chances are it's somewhere else in Creator,
> as project resolving happens in its own thread and should thus not
> freeze the GUI).

OK, I just realised that i'm using a custom build of Qtc, "Qt Creator
4.5.0-rc1 (4.4.83)" - built on the 18th of October.
The reason being that Qt doesn't support Linux-x86_32 anymore, so I have
to build it myself (I cannot switch to Linux-x86_64).
So this might not help at having a stable QtC. I will first install a
release build (4.4.1 tag) and see how it goes.

Chris