[Qt-creator] Does someone understand this CMake error

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 12:54:53 CEST 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Solved by ticking the "Auto-create build directories" checkbox in
> Options->Build & Run->CMake.
>
> That should have been enabled by default, IMO, given that you can't build
> your project without it and get the most obscure error message.

So far I never ran into that problem with the temporary directories
Creator builts into (till you actually build stuff:-). Unfortunately
there is no way to make cmake not write things, so without the
temporary directory hack it will create lots of directories and files
and people report that creator should not clutter up their drives just
because they want to take a quick look into some code.

Best Regards,
Tobias