[Qt-creator] Time to update sdktool's README.

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:36:53 CEST 2017

On 29 September 2017 at 20:45, Eike Ziller <Eike.Ziller at qt.io> wrote:
>>> - What about gdb? (the doc says it's managed with addQt)
>> addQt has gain a gdb-id, but there's no addGDB operation, so cannot
>> inject a gdb-on-its-own id into SDK.
>
> GDB is a debugger which is registered with addDebugger, probably with --engine 1
> (an example is in http://code.qt.io/cgit/qtsdk/qtsdk.git/tree/packaging-tools/configurations/pkg_templates/pkg_tools/qt.tools.win32_mingw492/meta/installscript.qs#n83)

My bad, I wrote the email "from memory".
Engine enumeration could be documented too. Right now the doc just
says GDB=1, what about llvm and microsoft?
I am interested into bringing clang on linux in our process, for qa,
dev and post-mortems.

I do understand that this is not an API, so you might not want to
document these "internal" stuff.
But it would be nice to update  the --help output, at least it's in
the source code, not in a separate README file.

I can't stop thinking that the README should looks like
- 1 Please see "sdktool --help", big warning about changes, "we mean it" stuff.
- 2 Examples with QtC 4.4

Is it desirable?

Chris