[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 4.6 & editor messages

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:17:49 CEST 2018

Thanks Nikolai.

1) I obviously have a disconnect with the code model and includes somehow.
I have no idea how to find that or fix it. I've played with the code model
inspector but can't fix the issue.

2) The smallest example would be this lib that I forked a short while ago:

  https://github.com/asmaloney/libE57Format

When I open that, turn off tidy and clazy, and navigate to
src/E57FoundationImpl.cpp for example - the scrollbar is almost solid red
with "errors"

3) I do not get any messages about clangbackend crashing

4) Fairly frequently I have (unrecoverable) hangs when trying to
(right-click) "Follow Symbol Under Cursor"

5) Sometimes when doing "Rename symbol under the cursor" (via keyboard),
the search/replace results show the wrong symbol (often a
previously-searched symbol)

6) I sent another email to the list about the Clang Static Analyzer failing

7) etc...

I looked for any old compilers (via homebrew) in my paths) - none.

So basically nothing seems to be working for me and I can't figure out why
:-)

Any suggestions on where to look to determine the cause(s) of the
problem(s)?

(macOS 10.12.6, Apple LLVM version 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.39.2), Qt Creator
installed via maintenance tool)

Thank you!

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com