[Qt-creator] Building LLVM/Clang with Clazy

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 08:04:37 CEST 2018

Hi,

I've successfully built llvm, clang and clang-tools-extra version 5.0.1.

I applied all the patches except for 1*0_QTCREATORBUG-15157*, i.e. I
built LLVM without Clazy support.

Then I built Qt Creator against it and Clang Code Model and Clang-Tidy
work fine.

Then I tried building LLVM with 1*0_QTCREATORBUG-15157* patches applied,
but the build _FAILS_ with the following error:

CMake Error at tools/clang/tools/extra/clazy/CMakeLists.txt:23
(find_package):
   No "FindClang.cmake" found in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH.

CMake Warning (dev) at tools/clang/tools/extra/clazy/CMakeLists.txt:23
(find_package):
   FindClang.cmake must either be part of this project itself, in this case
   adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH so that it points to the correct location inside
   its source tree.
[...]

My cmake command is the following:

cmake \
     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/libexec/qtcreator/clang \
     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
     -G "Unix Makefiles" \
     -DLLVM_ENABLE_RTTI=ON \
     -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=OFF \
     -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="X86" \
     -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON \
     ..

Help in resolving the problem appreciated! :-)

--
Best regards / Pozdrawiam,
Andrzej Telszewski