[Qt-creator] Qt Creator ignoring gcc compiler in kit

Davide Coppola vivaladav at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:31:56 CET 2018

Hi,

I can't manage to get Qt Creator to use an older compiler on Linux using
kits.

I created one kit for latest/default gcc (8.2.0) and one for gcc5 (5.5.0)
and both compilers are found by the configuration dialog just fine.

Then, when I try to compile and run a simple test which only prints the gcc
macro __VERSION__, I always get 8.2.0 as result, no matter what kit I use.

The 2 kits are associated to 2 different build directories, so nothing is
overwritten by mistake.

By the way, the right compiler is used when I try to compile with another
kit based on Clang.

This is on Kubuntu 18.10 and using Qt Creator 4.7.2 and 4.8.0 (both
downloaded with the Qt installer).

Is this a known issue? Shall I report one if not?

Thanks
--
*Davide Coppola*

*website:* http://www.davidecoppola.com