[Qt-creator] Deploy Unit Test

Christian Kandeler Christian.Kandeler at qt.io
Thu Dec 20 10:53:32 CET 2018

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 09:43:02 +0100
Daniel Ro <daniel.roehrborn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to deploy googletest executables to a remote device by using
> the "Test" view (e.g. by clicking on "Run All Tests"?
>
> The deployment should be configured correctly in my case, because after
> clicking "Run" or "Start Debugging" the executable is deployed and started
> on my device. The gtest output is then shown in the "Application Output".
>
> But I want to run only test cases which are selected in the "Test" view and
> see the results in the "Test Results" view. When I click on "Run This Test"
> I get the error:
>
> FATAL Failed to start test for project "CommonTestbench".
> Command line: /home/......./CommonTestbench --gtest_filter=_8_Utils.*
> PATH:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
> Run configuration: "CommonTestbench"
>
> I think it skips the deploy step and tries to start the executable locally
> (which can not work, because it is compiled for an embedded system).

If your Kit is not of type Desktop, then this seems to suggest that the autotest plugin supports only local execution at this point. You might want to create a task at bugreports.qt.io requesting that remote execution be supported. I have no particular knowledge about the plugin code, so I don't know whether that's easy to do or not. In general, the infrastructure in Creator supports transparent execution based on the type of Kit.

Christian