[Qt-creator] Quick test or scratch-pad mode in qtc?

Jeandet Alexis alexis.jeandet at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Sat Dec 22 12:12:25 CET 2018

Hello,

I was wondering if this would be totally stupid to have a mode in QTC
were we could code in a single source with no Build System setup?
I always go to websites like coliru, godbolt, wandbox,... to do some
tests(test concepts, see if I can template something,...) because this
is so convenient to just start writing code without any setup. But this
has many drawbacks like, no or almost no completion, no debug and needs
internet.

In QTC I would easily see a section in welcome page "scratch-pad" with
previous ones and a button to create a new one. I don't think we should
care about file location or any setup, source files could be stored in
QTC user data folder. Maybe we could just switch among available
compilers and set manually compile args like godbolt.

Am I the only one who miss this feature?
If no I will definitely open a BR.

Best regards and happy holidays,
Alexis.