[Qt-creator] Missing shortcut for jump to start/end of document?

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Sat Feb 10 01:36:01 CET 2018

On 2018-02-09 23:49, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> In the keyboard shortcuts editor, I can't seem to find entries for
> changing the shortcuts to jump to the start and end of the current file.
>
> I occasionally need to use Creator on a Mac, and am trying to bind
> Ctrl+Home/Ctrl+End for this. I have changed the shortcuts for things
> like begin/end of line, next/previous word, etc, and this is one of the
> last missing pieces.
>
> Is there a way I can change these shortcuts?

Hi, I also faced this problem when I started using Qt Creator a few
years ago, couldn't find any editable shortcuts for jumping to start and
end of a document, Solved it by writing a simple Qt Creator plugin
https://github.com/tungware/GeezerEditQt
Because I'm so used to Wordstar (i.e. "sudo apt install joe") my plugin
uses ^Qr and ^Qc, but it should be easy to change to Ctrl+Home/End.

Also, once you've taken the plugin approach, you can also stash your
other custom shortcuts there, for example I use lots of shortcuts for
the common Qxx classes, instead of typing 'qDebug() << ' I hit ^q^qd,
for QByteArray I use ^q^qb, for QString I use ^q^qs. Perhaps you're
missing insert date/time (i.e. F5 in Notepad in Windows), easily fixed
as well.

Finally, there are some nice functions inside Qt Creator which are not
exposed in the menus, for example if you are on a 4K screen like me, you
can increase the width of the text cursor with a shortcut.

Rgrds Henry