[Qt-creator] C++ Code Style and empty lines

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:59:25 CET 2018

Hello,

Is there a way in Qt Creator to set the C++ code style so that there
are no indentation spaces in empty lines?

I'm looking for this, because last time I made a contribution to Qt I tried to
auto indent some code and it added spaces in empty lines. This is undesirable
because it goes against Qt Project code style.

Also, this conflicts with the behavior of "Cleanups Upon Saving" options.
Because if "Clean whitespace" is checked, it will remove the "space on
empty line" added by the auto-indent function.
The "clean indentation" option seems to have no effects on this, which
is kind of weird, because that means that "auto-indent" and "clean
indentation" do not agree on what the indentation should look like in
empty lines.

Regards,

Benjamin