[Qt-creator] [Development] Requesting repository for telemetry plugin in Qt Creator

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Fri Feb 23 11:26:51 CET 2018

Hi,

Use of KUserFeedback is problematic due to its license. Adding 3rd party L/GPL components is something I do not want to do (already wrote "we", but let's use "I" instead to avoid need to define what is meant by we :) The reason for avoiding adding any 3rd party components with viral licenses is coming from the commercial licensee needs.

If KUserFeedback does what is needed from the discussed Qt add-on module, and the persons who wrote it are interested in contributing it to Qt, that could be one approach.

That said, I have not looked into KUserFeedback myself beyond licensing.

Yours,

	Tuukka