[Qt-creator] Correct way to start a light IDE based on Qt Creator

Seyyed Razi Alavizadeh s.r.alavizadeh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 18:49:14 CET 2018

Hi there,
I want to start an IDE based on Qt Creator. But I need some advice and idea
before doing anything. Some questions:

1- As there are some (maybe a lot of) my application users using Windows
XP, so I need to support XP.
Do I have to start based on an old version of QtCreator supporting XP or I
should forget about XP?

2- As "Qt Creator" is hard-coded everywhere. To rename qtcreator I have to
change a lots of files. This will cause some problems for updating base
code to latest qtcreator code.*
Which solution is better? And, what is your suggestion?
     2.a - Start implementing my app based on current stable version of
QtCreator and do not consider QtCreator as an upstream project. So no need
to update base code.

     2.b - Start implementing my app based on latest development version of
QtCreator and regularly ( daily? :/ ) update base code of my application
with the latest commits from QtCreator. Maybe daily update is not very
practical?

*: I would liked there was an XML file that by modifying it QtCreator was
completely renamed to MY_APP name. :D

3- (somehow like 1) As I want a simple and light IDE. Is it good to start
based on an old version of QtCreator (such as v2.6) that have much smaller
code size than newer versions of QtCreator?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks.

Alavizadeh, Sayed Razi
My Blog: http://pozh.org