[Qt-creator] [Win, CDB] No console window while debugging (missing since QtC 4.5.0)

Tilman Skobowsky skobowsky at caos-gmbh.de
Fri Jan 26 14:37:34 CET 2018

Hello everybody,

I run / debug on windows with VS2017 tools and CDB as debugger.
My project is configured to "Run in terminal".
Prior to QtC 4.5, when I hit either "Run" or "Debug", QtC showed the "qtcreator_process_stub.exe"
console window where I can see certain logging info.
Starting with QtC 4.5 (also tried with the 4.5.1-1841 build from the snapshots directory) I get the
console window when I hit "Run" but not when I hit "Debug".

Is this on purpose or am I missing some settings?
(I want to upgrade to the snapshot build due to the fix of QTCREATORBUG-18613)

Sincerely
Tilman Skobowsky