[Qt-creator] List of applications spawned by Qt Creator

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Mon Jun 11 21:31:29 CEST 2018

I'm in a fight with my corporate IT guys about anti-virus software that they've put on my machine which is absolutely killing performance when attempting to debug software I'm developing. It takes more than 5 minutes from clicking File->Open in my application to having a working file dialog - and that has been timed with a stopwatch, it's not an exaggeration.

They've agreed to try whitelisting certain .exe's if I can get them a list, so I'm trying to figure out a comprehensive list of what Qt Creator spawns when compiling and debugging on Windows. Is there a list of the executables somewhere? By watching Task Manager, I can see things like "mingw-make32.exe" while compiling and "gdb.exe" and "gdborig.exe" while debugging, just not sure if there are others.

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com