[Qt-creator] Clang code model running in C++98 mode

Nikolai Kosjar Nikolai.Kosjar at qt.io
Tue Nov 6 12:19:28 CET 2018

On 11/6/18 11:41 AM, Julius Bullinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a medium-sized qmake project (about 300 .pri/.pro files), which
> all contain "CONFIG += c++11". However, the clang code model doesn't
> seem to catch that, and runs in C++98 mode regardless:
>
> CTRL+Shift+F12 > Projects Parts > General > Language Version: CXX98
>
> This causes hundreds of errors and warnings in the editor about C++11
> extensions and unknown types. With the traditional code model, the
> project is detected as C++11/14 correctlty.

Recently there were some changes in that area. Could you please try
again with the updated snapshots for 4.8?

http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qtcreator/4.8/4.8.0-beta2

> I can't reproduce it with a smaller project, but is there any way I can
> debug this issue? Like get the options that are passed from qmake to the
> code model?

A breakpoint in ProjectInfoGenerator::createProjectPart() should help,
especially on

	part->languageVersion = macroInspectionReport.languageVersion;

Nikolai