[Qt-creator] kit with sdktool that has empty cmake configuration

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:15:55 CET 2018

Hi,

I use sdktool to create all kit configurations that we use internally
(debugger, cmake, toolchain, kits). Unfortunately, I still need to
resort to sed to delete an empty value from the cmake argument list.

My call to sdktool is about the following:
sdktool addKit --id kit_gcc49_cmake \
    --name "Gcc 4.9 cmake" \
    --debugger gdb_7_11 \
    --debuggerengine 1 \
    --Ctoolchain ProjectExplorer.ToolChain.Gcc:tc_gcc49 \
    --Cxxtoolchain ProjectExplorer.ToolChain.Gcc:tc_gccpp49 \
    --cmake cmake \
    --devicetype Desktop \
    --cmake-config ""

Leaving out --cmake-config will not write the relevant valuelist
"CMake.ConfigurationKitInformation" to the file. QtCreator will then
default to some stuff that we don't want. Passing an empty string as
above creates the list with an empty <value>-node. Leaving that node
inside the configuration leads QtCreator to complain with:

CMake configuration changed on disk.
Key CMake Project
<removed>

Any ideas?

Sidenote: sdktool and QtC seem to disagree on the type for debugger EngineType:
sdktool: <value type="uint" key="EngineType">1</value>
qtcreator: <value type="int" key="EngineType">1</value>

Thx!
Christoph