[Qt-creator] QtCreator/iPhone 5

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Thu Oct 11 07:11:40 CEST 2018

> On Oct 10, 2018, at 17:25, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> That is the right thing to do. I think Qt/QtCreator is not ready for xCode 10.  I'm having some other errors with xCode 10 as well.
>
> I hope it all gets sorted out before Qt 5.12 and the next version of QtC is released! So far none of my posts have been replied to, so I'm growing concerned.

Vikas recently checked Qt Creator 4.8 + Qt 5.12 with iOS 12 + Xcode 10, and it worked fine. There don’t seem to be iOS device relevant changes on the Qt Creator side though.

Qt 5.10 and later does not support armv7 https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-5.10/supported-platforms.html

>> I read that 5.9 should support iPhone 5 but I get build errors trying to
>> use 5.9.6 but I get a build error "This makespec requires XCode 4.3 or
>> later....
>> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-70592
>>
>> In general though what is the procedure for creating an app for iPhone 5
>> and later?  I can make a dummy app straight in XCode and it seems to
>> work on both phones.

Sorry, looks like you have to wait for Qt 5.9.7 for that, or build Qt 5.9.7 yourself, or use a machine that has not been upgraded to Xcode 10

Br, Eike

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH