[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.7.1 / Qt 5.12. Beta 1 (Android, iOS, macOS)

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Sat Oct 13 12:25:15 CEST 2018

I'm just testing Qt Creator 4.7.1 / Qt 5.12 Beta 1 with my
QtQuickControls2 Apps for Android / iOS.

macOS also used, but only because testing is really fast on macOS

Xcode 10.0, macOS 10.13.6

---

macOS: getting warnings

Qt has only been tested with version 10.13 of the platform SDK, you're
using 10.14. This is an unsupported configuration. You may experience
build issues, and by usingthe 10.14 SDK you are opting in to new
features that Qt has not been prepared for.Please downgrade the SDK you
use to build your app to version 10.13, or configurewith
CONFIG+=sdk_no_version_check when running qmake to silence this warning.

I'm still on macOS 10.13.6 and don't use any new things as dark mode.

seems to work

---

iOS: got some warning because my target was 10.0. Changed to 11.0:

QMAKE_IOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=11.0

now it works

---

Android: currently I'm using NDK r10e

getting errors and cannot build:

Project ERROR: Cannot run target compiler
'....android-ndk-r10e/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/clang++'.
Output:

===================

/bin/sh:
....android-ndk-r10e/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/clang++:
No such file or directory

===================

what's the recommended NDK to use with 5.12.Beta1 ?

seems that 5.12 Beta 1 now is using clang instead of GCC.

any other things to change in .pro ?

---

QML: some Pages now look different to 5.10.1 / 5.11.2 - per ex. Buttons
placed different

probably because I have to fix some errors like:

"Detected anchors on an item that is managed by a layout. This is
undefined behavior; use Layout.alignment instead."

(As I started Qt development for mobile I wasn't aware that anchors
shouldn't be used inside Layouts,

so now I have to refactor ... fortunately QtCreator checks this now

hopefully this will fix the UI in 5.12 Beta 1 - if not will report an issue

ekke