[Qt-creator] importing a QtBase build into Creator?

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon Oct 15 10:51:44 CEST 2018

> On 14. Oct 2018, at 11:03, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to open the QtBase source tree in Creator, ideally importing the build configured through the configure(?) command line build procedure. That uses an out-of-tree shadow build dir btw, so the build dir for /path/to/qt-everywhere-xyz/qtbase is in /path/to/build/qtbase .
>
> I'm not getting anywhere; importing qtbase.pro gives me an empty project whatever I try

This seems to work here. I’m doing a -developer-build though, no idea if that is relevant. Also make sure that you have the same number of path components to both your source and to your build. E.g. “/home/me/git/qt/src/qtbase” and “/home/me/git/qt/build/qtbase”.

> , and importing qtbase/src/src.pro doesn't allow me to import the build (I can select /path/to/build/qtbase/src but when I hit the import button the path goes back to /path/to/qt-everywhere-xyz/qtbase/src .

For me the path in the “Import” input field changes too for some reason, but the path it puts into the Kit configuration is correct for me.

> Even when the import existing build seems to work (for qtbase.pro) the project is still marked as unconfigured which doesn't seem to make sense. I don't want to hit the configure button because I don't trust that this will NOT change the build configuration.

There shouldn’t be any adverse effects just by pressing the configure button. If you don’t like the result, simply remove the qtbase.pro.user and start again.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer