[Qt-creator] importing a QtBase build into Creator?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:59:33 CEST 2018

On Monday October 15 2018 08:51:44 Eike Ziller wrote:

>  Also make sure that you have the same number of path components to both
>  your source and to your build.

That's because include paths in auto-generated files are relative, right? I've already run into that when using symlinks in the path on Linux, where chdir doesn't (always) canonicalise the resulting path and a single directory location on disk can thus have any number of working paths.

>There shouldn’t be any adverse effects just by pressing the configure button. If you don’t like the result, simply remove the qtbase.pro.user and start again.

You mean it won't run qmake with (most likely) different options? Qtbase is configured via `configure` which does call qmake, but it isn't evident at all to figure out what those options are after the fact. If QMake is not being run when pressing the configure button than that should indeed be safe.

Cheers,
R.