[Qt-creator] "cmake -E server" messages appear when switching to a new file; General Messages pane opens

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Wed Apr 3 11:57:05 CEST 2019

On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 11:42 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to Qt Creator 4.8.2, and after this I started getting
> lots of messages like
>
> Running "/usr/bin/cmake -E server --pipe=/tmp/cmake-vd0eaO/socket
> --experimental" in my-build-directory
>
> in the General Messages pane. It seems like another one of these lines
> appear every time I switch to a new file in the editor. It happens even
> when the files are not part of a CMake project, and the active project
> is not using CMake. But a CMake project has been loaded.

That is unexpected. One server should just run all the time without any need to
restart for each cmake project that is open.

Please consider to file a bug report.

Best Regards,
Tobias

PS: The newest CMake comes with a replacement mechanism for server mode, so a
major rewrite of the entire cmake support is necessary:-/

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der