[Qt-creator] "cmake -E server" messages appear when switching to a new file; General Messages pane opens

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Wed Apr 3 11:42:55 CEST 2019

Hi,

I just upgraded to Qt Creator 4.8.2, and after this I started getting
lots of messages like

Running "/usr/bin/cmake -E server --pipe=/tmp/cmake-vd0eaO/socket
--experimental" in my-build-directory

in the General Messages pane. It seems like another one of these lines
appear every time I switch to a new file in the editor. It happens even
when the files are not part of a CMake project, and the active project
is not using CMake. But a CMake project has been loaded.

What's this all about? Is it meant to happen? It annoys the h... out of
me because apparently, the pane opens automatically every time there is
new text, and I can't seem to find a way to stop that from happening. I
don't want "General Messages" to keep popping up all the time.

- Toralf