[Qt-creator] Weird version reporting

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 02:36:52 CEST 2019

Hi there,

Not a blocker at all for me, not even an annoyance, but i just wonder
what is going on.

I have Qt SDK installed, with the latest stable QtC along the current "preview".
I have 2 4.9.2 instances open, from the task bar (KUbuntu-18.04), one
instance is reported as "QtC 4.10.0-rc1 (see
https://imgur.com/jT2cHpl)".
But when i go to check the version in the about dialog, both instances
report as 4.9.2 (Built on Jun 26 2019, rev 8181...).
I launch QtC from the shell, and i indeed launch the stable version.

Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour?

Chris