[Qt-creator] This is seriously getting old.

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Aug 30 15:28:23 CEST 2019

> All of this seems to work perfectly fine here with Qt Creator 4.9.2 from the online installer, Qt 5.12.4 Desktop, macOS 10.14.6, dummy “Qt Quick Application - Stack” with qmake.
>
> Reg. Qt Quick Designer maybe check that
> Preferences > Qt Quick > Qt Quick Designer > QML Emulation Layer is using the fallback emulation with the default path, but that wouldn’t explain errors in the text editor afaik.
>
> Br, Eike
>
> > On 29. Aug 2019, at 21:47, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > OSX, Qt 5.12.1 and others installed (5.12.4 too)
> >
> > I can't use the QML designer mode because it doesn't know QtQuick.Window or .Controls. But it compiles just fine. Installed Qt 5.12.4 and it doesn't show up as a kit, except for iOS and Android. I was going to try to use the form designer, but I get an error because it doesn't know what Window or Controls are and dumps me into an editor.

All my installs are done via installer (no source builds). Over the last two years on this machine, I've had various Qt versions, I think starting with 5.9 or 5.10. I have used the installer to remove then and have settled on Qt 5.12.1 (just installed 5.12.4, can't use it because not showing up except for mobile)

Indeed QML Emulation Layer is bing used, but the path is red and empty, but is saying $HOME/Qt/Qt Creator.app/Contents/Resources/qmldesigner ($HOME is my own shorthand)
I pressed reset paths, it became black. Nothing changed.  (the dir does exist, as a qt.conf and more (see below))
Went back into Preferences, it's red and empty again.
Tried Use EmulationLayer, pressed reset path, it got set to $HOME/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/qmlpuppet/ which does not exist. the qmlpuppet is not there. There is a qmlpuppet in $HOME/Qt/Qt Creator.app/Contents/Resources/qml/qmlpuppet Should it be that?

qt.conf:
[Paths]
Imports = ../../Imports/qtquick1
Qml2Imports = ../../Imports/qtquick2
Plugins = ../../PlugIns

Much thanks for the help! I look forward to finally getting this working!