[Qt-creator] cmake w/Windows

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:52:09 CET 2019

I'm having problems getting cmake setup with Qt Creator under Windows.

- I have cmake installed from the official release (3.13.3)
- cmake is in the PATH
- in Kits->CMake I set the path manually since it is not auto-detected
- in Kits->Kits, I select my (auto-detected) kit to MSVC2017 64bit
- for cmake generator I select NMake Makefiles & Codeblocks

I get this error:

error: Failed to activate protocol version: "CMAKE_GENERATOR" is set but
incompatible with configured generator value.

No matter what I set the generator & extra generator to (I've tried about a
dozen combinations), I get this error.

How do I get this to work?

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com