[Qt-creator] cmake w/Windows

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Mon Jan 28 10:59:07 CET 2019

On Sat, 2019-01-26 at 11:52 -0500, Andy wrote:
> I'm having problems getting cmake setup with Qt Creator under Windows.
>
> - I have cmake installed from the official release (3.13.3)
> - cmake is in the PATH
> - in Kits->CMake I set the path manually since it is not auto-detected
> - in Kits->Kits, I select my (auto-detected) kit to MSVC2017 64bit
> - for cmake generator I select NMake Makefiles & Codeblocks
>
> I get this error:
>
> error: Failed to activate protocol version: "CMAKE_GENERATOR" is set but
> incompatible with configured generator value.

This looks like you are trying to use an existing build directory?

Check the CMakeCache.txt file in there: That should contain a CMAKE_GENERATOR,
which apparently is not the one you set up creator to use.

Try with a fresh build directory or try to match up the generator set up in
Creator and the one used in your build directory.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der