[Qt-creator] 4.9 beta "close project" feature

mapron mapron at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 20 16:36:41 CET 2019

I just have tried 4.9.beta 2 build and I noticed very annoying feature:

When you close project, ALL your open files are closed too! It is awful!
I found that it was done in

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-15721

Why anyone decided it is a good change?  I don't want to close all my files.

My scenario:

- open project

- open some files , work-work;

- create some commits an a branch

- after work is done, I need to rebase my branch. So I close Qt Creator
project, do rebase and open it again. I usually still have all my files
opened!

- If I try to rebase without closing project, QtC just hangs.

I know it is maybe another bug, but still, I have a bunch of scenarios
when it is totally undesirable.

- open project, leave it CMakeLists.txt for split view, open another
one, close other projects (just imagine you have in memory 5 large
projects!), but use some files from them.

You could say "you could open CMakeLists.txt as usual file" , I say "I
also could use some files fo split view, which located deeply in tree; I
want to quickly add them to locator (godlike feature!), and then use in
splits in other project..."

summary: Developers! Leave my files alone! It's IDE, it amed to edit
files. Give them for me back please :)

p.s. maybe option for this behavior?