[Qt-creator] 4.9 beta "close project" feature

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Mar 21 15:49:59 CET 2019

> I just have tried 4.9.beta 2 build and I noticed very annoying feature:
>
> When you close project, ALL your open files are closed too! It is awful!
> I found that it was done in
>
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-15721
>
> Why anyone decided it is a good change?  I don't want to close all my files.
>
> My scenario:
>
> - open project
>
> - open some files , work-work;
>
> - create some commits an a branch
>
> - after work is done, I need to rebase my branch. So I close Qt Creator
> project, do rebase and open it again. I usually still have all my files
> opened!

I was one person who requested this feature, but it may not be working right? It shouldn't close _all_ the files, just the files of the project that is being closed. If I multiple projects loaded (I usually do) I don't want all my files closed anytime I close one of the projects.

>From the .pro being closed, SOURCES,HEADERS,RESOURCES,DISTFILES should be closed.

If you need to edit the files of a project after the project is closed, why close the project?