[Qt-creator] work-flow/gerrit: branch with mixed reviews

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Fri May 10 12:37:26 CEST 2019

On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 11:21, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm working on a couple of fix/improvement, and i need to work on a
> branch (from master) that require a cherry-pick from 4.9, and on top
> of that 3 patches that need their own review.
> So far, i'm doing lot of manual work to keep my work-flow and gerrit
> happy, but surely there are better way to work. For example is it
> possible to push only one commit to gerrit?
> Say my stack is:
> - master
> - cherry-pick1-from-4.9
> - review1
> - review2
> - wip
>
> I'm currently using interactive rebase and/or transient branches to
> place the correct commit on top of master before pushing to gerrit.
> But that is a pain.
>
> Any tip on how to manage that in an efficient and convenient way?

I just found out how that works! (Sorry for the dumb question)

Actually gerrit track all the reviews with Change-Id, so it's possible
to have a stack of commits, and push the branch to gerrit, all
associated reviews will get updated. Neat!

Now i have to sort out the reverse operation: How to pull the
said-branch, when it has changed on gerrit.
Typical use case is with 2 clones: say, one at work and one at home.

Chris