[Qt-creator] JSON wizard: build systems and sub-projects

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Mon May 13 03:03:10 CEST 2019

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 10:38, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:
> One last comments, sorry to sound negative, but currently all project
> templates are a massive pile of copy/paste, with complex and error
> prone macro/javascript expressions.
> That is clearly a sign that something is "far from ideal".
> I'm not moaning or anything, i'm really just trying to help this
> wizard thing going. I can't wait to be able to do with qbs/cmake what
> i can currently do only with qmake.

<RandomIdea>
I'm sure i'm not the first one to think that the wizard could use
python instead of JSON.
I guess the idea with JSON was to have something declarative (and
decoupled from QtC internal?), but the introduction of macro and
javascript shows that there is a need for logic too.
Python could help here.
</RandomIdea>

Chris