[Qt-creator] Can't debug on Mojave with QT Creator 4.9.1

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri May 31 16:06:41 CEST 2019

> On 31. May 2019, at 16:01, Simon Gornall <simon.gornall at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On 31 May 2019, at 03:00, Eike Ziller <Eike.Ziller at qt.io> wrote:

>>> What is in this script and who calls that?
>>
>> It is generated by Qt Creator’s openTerminal.py
>> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/share/qtcreator/scripts/openTerminal.py
>>
>> We have to do some fancy stuff to get the run environment passed into the shell opened in Terminal.app by “Run in Terminal”.
>> Only tested with bash…
>

> Oh :(
>
> I don’t suppose there’s any chance of supporting more shells (popular ones like [t]csh, zsh etc.) ?

>> The problem is that the script is sourced in a new Terminal window, which first of all itself starts a shell. That uses the login shell as specified in the user’s login options. The SHELL variable from Qt Creator’s run configuration is not yet set at that moment - actually that is what the sourced script is doing.
>>
>>> Do you need the terminal at all? If not try to de-select  [ ] Run in Terminal  in the Project settings
>
> I don’t, and I’d be happy to try that, but [*blush*] I … can’t find that.
>
> - I’ve looked in Projects [icon on the left] -> Project Settings, but it only has options for ‘Editor’, ‘Code Style’, ‘Dependencies’, ‘Clang Code Model’ and ‘Clang tools’ (which is just about suppressed diagnostics)

On that page you’ll have also some kit(s) (named by Qt versions if you got them through the Qt Project installer) with “Build” and “Run” sections.
Select “Run”.
You’ll see a run configuration setting which shows e.g. your executable that will be run, a bit below that is a checkbox “Run in terminal”.

eike.ziller at qt.io
http://qt.io