[Qt-creator] Can't debug on Mojave with QT Creator 4.9.1

Simon Gornall simon.gornall at mac.com
Fri May 31 16:26:31 CEST 2019

> On 31 May 2019, at 07:06, Eike Ziller <Eike.Ziller at qt.io> wrote:

>>> It is generated by Qt Creator’s openTerminal.py
>>> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/share/qtcreator/scripts/openTerminal.py
>>>
>>> We have to do some fancy stuff to get the run environment passed into the shell opened in Terminal.app by “Run in Terminal”.
>>> Only tested with bash…
>>

>> Oh :(
>>
>> I don’t suppose there’s any chance of supporting more shells (popular ones like [t]csh, zsh etc.) ?

>>> The problem is that the script is sourced in a new Terminal window, which first of all itself starts a shell. That uses the login shell as specified in the user’s login options. The SHELL variable from Qt Creator’s run configuration is not yet set at that moment - actually that is what the sourced script is doing.

>> I don’t, and I’d be happy to try that, but [*blush*] I … can’t find that.
>>
>> - I’ve looked in Projects [icon on the left] -> Project Settings, but it only has options for ‘Editor’, ‘Code Style’, ‘Dependencies’, ‘Clang Code Model’ and ‘Clang tools’ (which is just about suppressed diagnostics)
>
> On that page you’ll have also some kit(s) (named by Qt versions if you got them through the Qt Project installer) with “Build” and “Run” sections.
> Select “Run”.
> You’ll see a run configuration setting which shows e.g. your executable that will be run, a bit below that is a checkbox “Run in terminal”.

I’m not seeing anything there like that, unless I’m being denser than usual… Here’s what I have (linked, to avoid sending an image to X-million people :)

	http://xanadu.gornall.net/imgs/qt/projects-settings-page.png <http://xanadu.gornall.net/imgs/qt/projects-settings-page.png>

Unless you mean, click on the ‘Manage kits’ link, but clicking on one of the kits …

	http://xanadu.gornall.net/imgs/qt/kits.png <http://xanadu.gornall.net/imgs/qt/kits.png>

... just seems to go to the Preferences -> Kits panel

Cheers
	Simon