[Qt-creator] Which Camera?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Nov 4 18:55:03 CET 2019

When I'm in QML and I've "import QtMultimedia 5.12" when I hit F1 on "Camera" it takes me to the Qt3D Camera, not the QtMultimedia camera.

Unfortunately we have a name collision in Qt. Similarly, QCamera is another example.

1. How can I get QtCreator to give help on the right camera? Normally, I would expect the "Choose Topic" dialog to appear. It does not. (it also says "Unknown Component" for Video)
1.1 F1 on "Video" brings up the Choose Topic dialog, but there is only one entry, "Video QML Type"

This is on MacOS, building a iOS project with Qt 5.12.5, QtC 4.10.1