[Qt-creator] Which Camera?

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Tue Nov 5 08:50:08 CET 2019

> On 4. Nov 2019, at 18:55, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> When I'm in QML and I've "import QtMultimedia 5.12" when I hit F1 on "Camera" it takes me to the Qt3D Camera, not the QtMultimedia camera.
>
> Unfortunately we have a name collision in Qt. Similarly, QCamera is another example.
>
> 1. How can I get QtCreator to give help on the right camera? Normally, I would expect the "Choose Topic" dialog to appear.

I would as well.

> It does not. (it also says "Unknown Component" for Video)

I do get the pop up with both entries if I remove the QtMultimedia import.
I suppose in that case the code model says that it doesn’t know what that word is, and we do a text-based lookup of the keyword in the complete documentation.
That might mean that the code model reports something wrong when it actually should know the Camera component.

> 1.1 F1 on "Video" brings up the Choose Topic dialog, but there is only one entry, "Video QML Type"
>
> This is on MacOS, building a iOS project with Qt 5.12.5, QtC 4.10.1

The workaround is usually to type “? camera” in locator, but of course that shouldn’t be necessary.

Can you please create a bugreport? Feel free to assign to me, I’ll have a look what happens.

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH