[Qt-creator] Deployment of SerialTerminal plugin

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Oct 14 15:35:32 CEST 2019

> Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM
> From: "André Hartmann" <aha_1980 at gmx.de>
> To: qt-creator <qt-creator at qt-project.org>
> Subject: [Qt-creator] Deployment of SerialTerminal plugin
>
> Hi all,
>
> the Serial Terminal plugin was added to Qt Creator in spring 2018. It
> still has the experimental state, but I think the biggest problem is
> that it is not included in the official Qt Creator builds. A lot of
> potential users might not even know it exists.
>
> Given the ongoing support for microcontrollers in Qt Creator, I think it
> would be a good opportunity to deliver this plugin with Creator. It's
> only dependency seems to be QSerialPort, which is a relatively
> lightweight module and therefore should not hurt much.

O_o

Without knowing anything about this, it would probably be a help since I talk to 3D printers (Arduinos) and other serial things quite often.

It would also be very cool if it could simulate a serial device so I could mimic real hardware.

How would I go about finding and installing this plug in? I looked in Preferences, nothing there, tried About Plugins.. doesn't seem to have an on-line repository search & install feature?