[Qt-creator] Debug button not enabling

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Wed Oct 23 07:22:25 CEST 2019

Maybe your debugger executable is still running (or it exited in a way that confused Qt Creator).
If that’s the case, the Debug menu will look mostly disabled, and choosing “Abort Debugging” should fix the situation.

Br, Eike

> On Oct 22, 2019, at 22:11, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> I've noticed several times now that the Qt Creator 4.10.1 Debug icon (below Build/Play and above the Build hammer) is staying gray when nothing is happening. I can't seem to get it back...
> Things I've tried:
> - changing the active project
> - running qmake for a project
> - mix/max-imumizing the window
> - build the project
> - rebuild the current project
> - close a project
> - close all projects
> - open a project after closing all
>
> Only thing that works is closing QtC entirely.
>
> Is there a way I can track down what is going on?

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Straße 10