[Qt-creator] QtC feature request for Android development

Fabrice Mousset | GEOCEPT GmbH fabrice.mousset at geocept.com
Thu Oct 24 14:45:43 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I would like to submit a little feature request for QtCreator, I hope it is easy to implement.
My problem with Qt Creator and Android development is that I have to manage different Qt Android Kits for different projects:

  *   Qt for Android 5.7.0
  *   Qt for Android 5.12.5
  *   And soon Qt Android 5.14.x

The problem with those kits, is that all of them requires another Android NDK Version:

  *   Qt 5.7.x ==> NDK 10e is recommended
  *   Qt 5.12.x  ==> NDK 19c is required
  *   Qt 5.14.x ==> NDK 20 (or superior) is required

And in Qt Creator we can only define 1 NDK version/location (in Tools/Options/Devices/Android).

Is it possible to update the Kits view, to add an extra parameter which specify NDK to be use?
When nothing is specified, then the "global NDK path" will be used.

I don't know if this is possible without too much work on Qt Creator, but this would be great!
Google is always changing the NDK and those changes are sometimes very important and break compilation.

Because of switching from on NDK version to another, my project looks very strange, and I've got many compilation configurations which grayed out/disabled. I think because I tried to compile a Qt 5.7 project with the wrong NDK version.

Best regards

Fabrice