[Qt-creator] Debugging different bare metal devices with the same kit

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:51:22 CEST 2020

Hi Richard,

There is a pretty ugly hack I  creator which you might find useful in your
context.

Define your two devices and your build kit as before.

Then open your build kit in the options menu (Tools>Options). Make sure the
device type is set correctly for your two devices. Right click on the
device selector and open the context menu. Check the one checkbox there to
make the device "mutable".

You should now get a (pretty ugly) device selector in the mini project
target selector (Ctrl-T) whenever your build kit is active.

This functionality has never been polished, so I made sure people do not
run into this by accident:-) The UI is pretty ugly and the UI is not ideal
either,  but it is pretty convenient in some situations.

Best Regards,
Tobias