[Qt-creator] New Installer for 4.13.0

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Aug 18 16:06:21 CEST 2020

I just downloaded the installer for 4.13.0 from the snapshots directory from download.qt.io.

If I am downloading QtCreator to *use* to develop software *why* do I have to agree to *any* of the GPL terms?

I’m not making changes to QtCreator.

As far as QtCreator is concerned, it shouldn’t know or care what other software frameworks that I am using.

The obligations make it sound like I need to acknowledge Qt in *any* software that I develop with QtCreator?

These obligations make it sound as if the GPL license that QtCreator is licensed under is infecting my own software?

And why on Earth would the installer need my Company/Business name during installation: It is bad enough that I need a QtAccount just to install the software but now I have to provide even more information?

This seems like something is just getting “lost in translation”. What am I missing?

--

Michael Jackson | Owner, President

      BlueQuartz Software

[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net